If you need to contact me, the best way to reach me is through my i-name at =evan.prodromou.
You can also send me email at firstname.lastname@example.org . I get tons of email all the time, so here are some suggestions for sending me effective email:
- Add a RFC 2298 Disposition Notification request to your email, to make sure I get it. This can also be called a "read receipt request". I have pretty aggressive spam filters and email sorting, so this is the best way to tell if I got your mail.
- Add an OpenPGP or S/MIME digital signature to the message. My filters favor valid, digitally-signed email.
- Shorter emails get my attention better. I typically glance over very long emails and then flag them "read me later".
- Too short emails lose my attention, too. Don't just send me a link; give me some context, too.
- If you're just sending me some information or a link to a cool page, be aware that I typically read emails like that and don't reply. It's not very nice, but don't take it personally.
- If you want me to do something, write it clearly in its own paragraph. If you want me to do multiple things, make them separate bullet points.